When an award winning, locally distilled gin meets our amazing hospitality scene – incredible gin cocktails are created. We are celebrating these collaborations with a Best Juno Gin Cocktail competition. You can try a dozen unique creations, and vote on your favorite.
The back-story on Juno Gin:
“BeGin Distilling Ltd is the husband and wife partnership of Taranaki locals Jo and Dave James—engineering meets the love of gin!
Why did we choose Juno as the goddess to reflect our gin?
Juno, wife of Jupiter and known as the goddess of marriage and domestic harmony. She is linked to the idea of vital force, fullness of vital energy and eternal youthfulness.
Juno is the perfect goddess to oversee the marriage of flavours that happens within the copper pot still during distillation. Ensuring that the carefully selected botanicals and the beautiful water of Mt Taranaki come to fruition as an extra fine gin of distinction.”
Visit any of these properties to try their entry and enjoy this amazing local champion!
- Arborio: Bella Dea – the Beautiful Goddess
- Fork N Knife: Passionmint Martini
- Frederic’s: Lavandula 16.0
- Itch Wine Bar: New Old Fashioned
- Juliana’s: Plum Tart
- Little Glutton: Gin Slushy
- Meat & Liquor: Beetin Martini
- Mike’s Brewery Bistro: 4 different Juno Gin cocktails
- Monica’s: Rhubarb martini
- Nice Hotel: Taranaki Tango & Classic Martini
- Orangery: Negroni
- Polpetta: Juno Gin – Cayenne – Lime – Cucumber – Chilli
- Snug Lounge: Mother Of Mars
- The Hour Glass: Black Rose